Monday, May 28, 2007

Customs series Part I

Emotional outpouring on the sorry state of Malaysian Customs.
Since so many of you sharing the story, I also share mine.

About 10 years ago I went to Singapore to drive back a van full load of used computer for a school. Many are 486 and the highest is Pentium (not even MX). Some printers and tables. Well, we helped cleaning the rubbish for Singaporean for free or else they have to pay someone to get rid of it! For school, it was my charity.

Ok, it was quite smooth to pass thru Singapore. The custome asked for purpose and let us pass thru.

When reaching Johor custom, those bastards were excited because, man LOTS of stuffs! I told them this is old computers, rubbish, for school and computer has no tax. But they gave me problem. They said I need to declare. OK, let's declare.

So I drove one of the bastard to the declaration office (he sat in the van to show me the way). On the way, I noticed that I already passed the cusom gate and ready to go into Johor! That bastard actually asked me if I wish to go by giving him RM50!!! Along with me is my friend, who is a teacher. He said, no, we are teacher, we don't do that thing...
OK fine... the bastard brought us to the declaration station. His superiors came out and said, "man, what a work! Any document?" Of course no. They asked us to leave the van to them and wait. We waited a straight 6 hours, from early morning 9am to 3pm!

We got back the van, nothing was removed from the van. And they charge us something like RM200. We asked why? (because we knew computers no tax) They said "cable" is not tax free.

What cable? Oh, those Printer Cable!!! We have about 20 printer cables... Then we asked, why we have to wait so long? They said, "because you make us work! we have to find something to tax you!". Bastard...


To the teacher who posted the article above, I concur, Bastards !

No comments: